My little(well, not so little anymore!) cousin, Courtney, graduated from Concordia University this past weekend. I was so happy that Maco and I were able to be there to witness this great event.
Even though Courtney and I are 10 years apart, we've always had a special relationship(Hopefully Courtney feels the same way! :)) I feel like she's a little sister to me. Throughout the years, I've loved attending Courtney's sporting events, choir concerts, HS graduation, and more.
She's a wonderful woman, and I'm excited to see what God has in store for her. She decided she wanted to follow in my footsteps and become a teacher. :) Or maybe it was her mom's, dad's, sister's, brother-in-law's, or aunt's footsteps instead! :) Either way, she is now looking for an elementary teaching position, and I know she'll make a fabulous teacher wherever she ends up! Congratulations, Court! We're very proud of you!!
Courtney has a beautiful voice and has sung in the school's choir for the past 4 years. She's the one on the bottom right with the cap.
Accepting her diploma without a handshake from Concordia's president. They decided to forego the handshake due to the Swineflu. Wow! Are we a little too paranoid? It's the flu, people!!!
Apparently the pastor didn't get the memo about not shaking hands, because he helped each person down the stairs touching their hands!!! :) I hope he's ok!
The proud family!! Aunt JoAnn, Uncle Dave, Courtney, Marlana, & Shawn
Sisterly love!! And an early congratulations to Marlana, who will be graduating from City University in a month!! :)
What a beautiful background!!


2 comments:
Thanks Shayna! Your pictures are great! Is there any way you could email them to me? I'm so glad you and Maco came. It meant so much! Love you!
Courtney
Shayna,
JB's wife looks just like Kate on the reality show "Jon and Kate plus 8". Don't you think so?
Post a Comment